23 Jun The field of early childhood education is built from and contingent upon relationships. Relationships have the capacity to create highly charged atmospheres in ways that a
The field of early childhood education is built from and contingent upon relationships. Relationships have the capacity to create highly charged atmospheres in ways that are wonderfully positive and professionally challenging.
Discussion: Leadership Responses to Ethical Dilemmas
The field of early childhood education is built from and contingent upon relationships. Relationships have the capacity to create highly charged atmospheres in ways that are wonderfully positive and professionally challenging. Leaders in the early childhood field are responsible for promoting positive interactions and engendering solid relationships, and they also may often find themselves in situations where they face ethical dilemmas. These can present conflicting responsibilities and present situations where advantages and disadvantages are difficult to weigh.
Field-based ethics provide a guide to ensure that leadership behaviors support the common good, advancing and fostering the development of children and their families, as well as colleagues and the broader field.
In this Discussion, you will use your knowledge of leadership approaches and of behaviors and principles of ethical leadership to shape your response to an ethical dilemma presented within a case study scenario. With your colleagues, you will have an opportunity to explore how role shapes perception and how knowledge of the complexities of perception can inform leadership.
· Listen to this module’s audio segment, “Ethical Leadership.”
· Review this module’s Learning Resources on ethical leadership.
· Reflect on the scenario provided in “Case Study 1: Sarah’s Confusing Behavior,” found in the Learning Resources.
· Consider yourself as a leader within the scenario presented. As you imagine yourself within this role, process how your own values and beliefs influence your interpretation of the situation. Carefully consider the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethics, which you read about in the Learning Resources, and how these can serve as a guide in resolving the presented dilemma.
By Day 4 of Week 5
Post a response that includes your problem-solving strategies for the scenario involving Sarah as the program administrator, including your overall goal focused on providing and modeling ethical leadership. In your response, outline how each of the following contribute to your chosen course of action:
· Your own values and beliefs
· The NAEYC Code of Ethics and ethical principles
· Leadership principles and behaviors
In addition to the factors outlined above, outline human, information, and practical resources you feel would be beneficial in helping you determine your course of action. Carefully consider how this situation could become a violation of the law, the “Code,” or other school/district policies, and how it could potentially have a negative impact on stakeholders, (e.g., children, educators, and the community). Within your role as a leader, what responses/actions can you engage in that will result in a more positive outcome?
Guide for Learning Outcomes Plan: Advocacy Action Plan
EDDD 8085/EDSD 7085: Inspired Leadership, Informed Advocacy, and Improved Policy
The overall project involves two parts: the advocacy action plan paper and a presentation. The paper is your Learning Outcomes Plan.
Advocacy is the act of standing up for others, of building connections, of engaging in everyday acts. These activities might occur in daily connections or on a grand stage and serve to support children, families, and professionals connected to the field. Leading through advocacy has the capacity to impact others in the present, and in a wonderful rippling effect, for many years to come.
In completing this plan you will:
Apply leadership and advocacy skills to implement and manage strategic change
Evaluate cultural influences on local and global policy in early childhood (especially through the lenses of stakeholders and collaborating organizations)
Demonstrate evidence-based decision making, integrating principles of equity, ethics, and social justice and advocacy
Include a minimum of 10 resources from peer-reviewed journals and six from advocacy organizations and/or recognized experts on the topic. All sources require APA-formatted citations at the end of the paper.
In Module 4 of this course, you will submit an advocacy action plan. The plan itself, due Day 1 of Week 11, requires that you select an advocacy topic you are passionate about and connect with an organization in planning the development of your plan.
In Week 3 of this course, you will submit to your Instructor your advocacy action plan topic and your rationale for your selection. You will identify the organization and how any collaboration on the plan might occur.
Your paper must be your best scholarly work possible. Make sure you follow APA guidelines and format requirements.
Address the following elements in the paper:
Introduction, Rationale, and Contexts
· What is the issue/problem/topic? Include a description as well as how organizations currently advocate for this topic.
· What regulations and policies are associated with the selected topic?
· What ethical factors shape your understanding of this advocacy topic?
· What policies exist that inform your advocacy topic? How are they written? What are the processes for changing policy?
Stakeholders and Other Collaborators
· What stakeholders influenced and are influenced by your selected topic?
· What organizations are connected to advocacy efforts supporting your topic? For these organizations, describe the following:
· Who are the current funding sources and what are potential funding sources?
· How does data inform current actions?
· Who are the target audiences?
· What advocacy messages are being delivered, and to whom?
· What kinds of resources, including money, are necessary to put something into place?
Planning and Evaluation
· In terms of advocacy goals, what overall goals would be reasonable in 6 months, 2 years, and 5 years (across range goals and interim steps)?
· How will success be monitored and evaluated?
Your presentation, which will be shared with your colleagues during Week 10 (no later than Day 4) and will be presented using Kaltura, which is the embedded video tool in Blackboard. Supporting materials are available in the course classroom. The presentation should be 10–15 minutes long.
Ethics Interview Guide
1. Please identify your current position and how long you have been in this position.
2. Describe an ethical dilemma you have experienced within your current role.
3. How did you use ethics to solve problems related to the ethical dilemma presented? Did you use the ethical code as a problem-solving strategy in analyzing and responding to the dilemma? Did you use the ethical code as a reflection tool?
4. As you reflect on this situation, were there things you would have handled differently? Why or why not?
© 2016 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 1 of 1
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.