18 Nov The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), and the Jo
Topic 4 DQ 2
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), and the Joint Commission (JC) require that health care organizations maintain risk management programs to address infection control. Detail three measures that your health care organization (or any health care organization) could implement, beyond what is currently in practice, to support the delivery of safe health care services and avoid the spread of infection (e.g., placing hand washing devices at all of the public entrances of the health care facility). Support your response with a minimum of two peer-reviewed references.
Hospitals engage in numerous initiatives to improve infection control and provide safer care to their patients, but in the never-ending fight against increasingly virulent organisms, hospitals are looking for more effective ways to protect patients from infections. Health care workers can take the standard precaution steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Standard precautions are meant to reduce the risk of transmission of bloodborne and other pathogens from both recognized and unrecognized sources.
- Hand hygiene is a major component of standard precautions and one of the most effective methods to prevent transmission of pathogens associated with health care. Hand hygiene should be performed all the time before and after any direct patient contact and between patients, whether or not gloves are worn and immediately after gloves are removed.
- Personal protective equipment should be guided by risk assessment and the extent of contact anticipated with blood and body fluids, or pathogens.
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette/mask mandate, developed during the COVID-19 and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak, is now considered as part of standard precautions. Universal masking is required for all patients, visitors, and health care workers in the health care setting.
- Environmental cleaning is an important part of infection control. Use adequate procedures for the routine cleaning and disinfection of environmental and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Waste disposal would be done properly. Treat waste contaminated with blood, body fluids, secretions and excretions as clinical waste, in accordance with local regulations.
In addition to the standard precautions healthcare organizations can implement some new ways for infection control.
- Education. Healthcare professionals need to be educated and periodically reinforce their knowledge through seminars and workshops to ensure high understanding of how to prevent communicable diseases transmission.
- Consider the strategies to prevent patients who can be cared for at home from coming to your facility potentially exposing themselves or others to germs, like using hospital telephone system to deliver to incoming callers about when to seek medical care at the facility.
- Separate patients with fever, respiratory symptoms, or other symptoms so they are not waiting among other patients seeking care.
- Environmental Hygiene. Newer methods including steam, antimicrobial surfaces, automated dispersal systems, sterilization techniques and disinfectants have a better effect in limiting transmission of pathogens through the surrounding environment
The protective benefits of infection control using evidence-based practices are cost effective and numerous: they not only contribute to the best individual patient care outcome, but also protect health care workers, increase public awareness in all health care settings about infection control issues, and maintain the highest standards in nursing, which positively contributes to our goal for the best possible patient and public health outcomes.
Using 200-300 words APA format with at least two references. Sources must be published within the last 5 years. There should be a mix between research and your reflections. Add critical thinking in the posts along with research. Apply the material in a substantial way.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.