30 Apr The purpose of this discussion post is to create an RQ for a multiple regression and answer the prompted
The purpose of this discussion post is to create an RQ for a multiple regression and answer the prompted questions.
- What is your RQ?
RQ: What is the relationship between level of democracy and age and lived in poverty index.
IV1= Age IV2=Level of Democracy
DV = Lived in poverty Index
- What is the null hypothesis for your questions?
Null Hypothesis: There is no relationship between the level of democracy and age and living in poverty index.
- What research design would align with this question?
A cross-sectional research design would align. Cross-sectional designs have no time dimensions, measures differences between subject, is passive and usually involves a survey that provides a snapshot at a point in time.
- What the dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
DV= Lived in poverty index
Measured = continuous scale interval ratio
- What independent variables are used and how are they measured? What is the justification for including these predictor variables?
IV1= Age, measurement = continuous scale interval ratio
IV2 = level of democracy, Measurement = continuous scale interval ratio
Justification = “this allows controlling the effects of other independent variables” ( Laureate Education, 2016j).
- If you found significance, what is the strength and the effect?
- The AVONA reported Sign as .000 which is below the p-value of .05 which means I can reject the null hypothesis and state that there is a relationship between age and trust in government (Laureate Education, 2016c).
- Effective size = .013 which means 1.3% of the variability in respondent lived in poverty index is explained by the combination of age and level of democracy.
- Strength =Rsquared= .013 Coefficient constant is 1.282, age has a coefficient of .003 and level of democracy today -.034. Ce can determine this a positive relationship and is moderate to low.
- Regression equation = DV=1.282 + .003 + (-.034)
- Explain the results for a lay audience, explain the answer to your RQ?
RQ= There is a significant relationship between the level of democracy and age and lived in poverty index. The respondents age and reporting high levels of democracy are both significance predictors of the likely hood to report having lived in poverty based on the index.
For every unit of increase of the respondents age their likelihood of reporting of have lived in poverty increases .049. For every unit of increase of the respondent reporting of the level of democracy the likelihood of reporting of have lived in poverty decreases .105 units.
Model Summary table attached
ANOVAa table attached
Coefficientsa table attached
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016j). Multiple regression: A demonstration [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Wagner, W. E. (2016). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.