20 Nov This activity consists of two problems. Problem One Gary Seitz is director of procurement for the Forest Medical Center in Oak Park, Illinois. His medical center recently purchased more t
This activity consists of two problems.
Gary Seitz is director of procurement for the Forest Medical Center in Oak Park, Illinois. His medical center recently purchased more than 300 new side tables for the patient rooms from Quick-and-Cheap Furniture. His team, however, is not happy with the paint quality of these tables. They feel the firm providing the tables was rushed to get the order out and did not do a great job.
They have examined each of the 312 tables that they have received so far and found the following defects, listed in alphabetical order:
Use Excel to:
- Create a Pareto Chart for this situation.
- Create and complete a table for this situation using the following headers:
- Cumulate Frequency.
- Cumulate Percentage.
- List the most frequently occurring problem first in the table, then the next more frequently occurring problem second in the table, and so forth.
In a Word document:
- Draw two conclusions about the quality of the patient tables that Quick Furniture has shipped to the Forest Medical Center.
Submit both your Word and Excel files.
- If he feels it is appropriate, then he checks the budget to see if there are sufficient monies in the budget to pay for this. If there are not, then he rejects the request and sends it back to the employee. If there are sufficient funds, then he approves them.
- If the requisition is approved, then the department secretary sends the requisition to a member of the LLMC Procurement Team.
- The LLMC procurement specialist checks to see if the suggested vendor on the requisition is on the approved vendor list (AVL).
- If not, he sends the request back to the department secretary and the process starts all over if the LLMC employee wants to continue to pursue it. If the employee does not, then the requisition is terminated.
- If the vendor is on the AVL, the LLMC procurement specialist checks to see if a quote is required, either based on the type of equipment and material required or on the amount of the purchase.
- If no quote is required, the procurement specialist transmits the PO to the vendor for execution.
- If a quote is required, then the specialist contacts the vendor and asks for a quote. If the quote is satisfactory based on past purchases of such items, the specialist approves the quote and places the order.
- If the quote is too high, the specialist contacts the LLMC employee and asks for another vendor to check. The procurement specialist then checks the second vendor. Usually, a procurement specialist will have to check only two vendors at most.
- If the specialist cannot find a vendor with it suitable price after two tries, then the PO is cancelled.
- When the specialist finds a vendor who submits a suitable quote, the transmits the PO to the vendor for execution by US postal service or by telephone.
- The procurement specialist then logs the transaction into the financial system.
- The procurement specialist then forwards the request to the Accounts Payable Department for payment when the receipt of the materials and equipment ordered, if acknowledged.
Use Microsoft Word to complete the following:
- Develop a flowchart for this process.
- Suggest three improvements, based on total quality management, that Ted Short can use to make the current process more efficient.
Submit your Word document(s).
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.