05 Apr This case gives students an opportunity to (1) understand the process of evaluating identified co
This case gives students an opportunity to (1) understand the process of evaluating identified control deficiencies; (2) understand the annual disclosure requirements for management’s report on internal control over financial reporting (ICFR); and (3) determine the effect of identified control deficiencies on other controls. Students are required to read the case and address the five questions listed on the last page.
1. Briefly explain the misstatements made in the company financial statement. How did ‘accepting a vendor change request and making payments to an incorrect bank account’ affect the Accounts Payable balance?
2. According to PCAOB Auditing Standard (AS 2201) (https://pcaobus.org/Standards/Auditing/Pages/AS2201.aspx), what factors should auditors consider when evaluating the severity of a deficiency in a control that directly addresses a risk of material misstatement?
3. PCAOB AS 2201 distinguishes the difference between a deficiency in design and a deficiency in operation. First, explain what auditors should consider when making the distinction. Second, determine whether the Assistant Controller’s failure to adequately review the Vendor Change Form represents a deficiency in the design or operating effectiveness of the control.
4. Based on guidance in AS 2201, determine if the failure in the vendor request change form control indicative of a material weakness in internal control over financial reporting. Consider both quantitative and qualitative factors.
5. SEC Regulation S-K requires that management provide a report on a registrant’s ICFR in the company’s Form 10-K. Assuming the company and the auditor concluded that this internal control failure indicates a material weakness in internal control, what information would the company management be expected to disclose?
6. Assuming the company and the auditor concluded that this internal control failure is not severe enough to be a material weakness but indicates a significant deficiency in internal control, explain the next steps for auditors. What kinds of obligation auditors have in terms of communicating the results (e.g. To whom do they report? And How?) Compare and contrast with the case of material weakness.
7. Assume the auditor believe the deficiency is a material weakness, but the company pleads that a material weakness in internal controls will greatly damage the company’s reputation. The company notifies the auditor that the company will consider changing the auditor in the subsequent year if the auditor concludes the deficiency is a material weakness. ABC Retailers Inc. is an important client for the auditor, and losing the client will have a nontrivial impact on the auditor’s revenue. What should the auditor do? Based on what we learned in Module B and C of the textbook, explain possible consequences for the auditor who agrees to issue a more favorable report in order to retain the client. (The situations described in 5, 6, and 7 are independent from one another.) The list above does not present a complete list of issues related to the topic. You may additionally discuss other issues relevant to the audit process of internal control in your paper.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.