09 Jan Week 9 – Homework 1. If you are using exponential smoothing for forecasting an annual time series of revenues, what is your forecast for next year if the smoothed value for this year is $32.4 million?
Week 9 – Homework
1. If you are using exponential smoothing for forecasting an annual time series of revenues, what is your forecast for next year if the smoothed value for this year is $32.4 million?
2. Consider a nine-year moving average used to smooth a time series that was first recorded in 1984.
a. Which year serves as the first centered value in the smoothed series?
b. How many years of values in the series are lost when computing all the nine-year moving averages?
3. You are using exponential smoothing on an annual time series concerning total revenues (in $millions). You decide to use a smoothing coefficient of W = 0.20, and the exponentially smoothed value for 2013 is E2013 = (0.20)(12.1) + (0.80)(9.4).
a. What is the smoothed value of this series in 2013?
b. What is the smoothed value of this series in 2014 if the value of the series in that year is $11.5 million?
4. If you are using the method of least squares for fitting trends in an annual time series containing 25 consecutive yearly values,
a. What coded value do you assign to X for the first year in the series?
b. What coded value do you assign to X for the fifth year in the series?
c. What coded value do you assign to X for the most recent re-corded year in the series?
d. What coded value do you assign to X if you want to project the trend and make a forecast five years beyond the last observed value?
5. The linear trend forecasting equation for an annual time series containing 22 values (from 1992 to 2013) on total revenues (in $millions) is
Yi = 4.0 + 1.5Xi a. Interpret the Y intercept, b0.
b. Interpret the slope, b1.
c. What is the fitted trend value for the fifth year?
d. What is the fitted trend value for the most recent year?
e. What is the projected trend forecast three years after the last value?
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.