20 Jun What is a good sample in qualitative research? It is NOT about size or generalizability.The answer lies in how clearly you articulate the criteria for selectin
8310 Week 4 Discussion:
Purposeful Sampling and Saturation
What is a good sample in qualitative research? It is NOT about size or generalizability.
The answer lies in how clearly you articulate the criteria for selecting data sources; (b) your ability to purposefully select cases; and (c) the extent to which those cases are “information-rich… for in-depth study” (Patton, 2015, p. 264) with respect to the purpose of the study.
As you prepare for this week’s Discussion, consider turning your attention to the variety of purposeful sampling strategies you may consider in developing your research plan. Also consider that qualitative researchers seek a threshold or cut-off point for when to stop collecting data. There is no magic number (although there are guidelines). Rather, saturation occurs as an interface between the researcher and the data and (b) between data collection and data analysis to determine when enough is enough.
For this Discussion, you will critique a sampling strategy used in a research article.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review the Guest, Bunce, and Johnson article; the Yob and Brewer article; and the Learning Resources related to sampling and saturation for this week.
Assignment Task Part 1
Prepare a critique of the sampling strategy in 2 pages used by Yob and Brewer (n.d.). Include the following your critique:
· The purpose of the study
· Research questions
· Site selection
· The type of purposeful sampling strategy the researchers applied.
· An alternative sampling strategy that the researchers could have considered. Explain your choice in terms of how the strategy is consistent with their research purpose and criteria for selecting cases.
· Provide a data saturation definition and evaluate the work of the researchers in this article regarding their efforts to achieve data saturation. Note what the researchers could have done differently to convince you that the relevant and important themes emerged.
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
Assignment Task Part 2
Respond to at least one of your colleagues’ posts in 125 words with in-text citations and explain:
· Their choice of sampling strategy
· Strategies for improving saturation
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.