09 Jan What Is Critical Thinking? 1.3: What Is Logic? 1.4: Arguments Outside of Logic 1.5: The Importance of Language in Lo
Read the following sections in Chapters 1 and 2 in your course textbook:
- 1.1 : What Is Critical Thinking?
- 1.3: What Is Logic?
- 1.4: Arguments Outside of Logic
- 1.5: The Importance of Language in Logic
- Chapter 1 Summary and Resources
- 2.1: Arguments in Logic
- 2.2: Putting Arguments in the Standard Form
- 2.4: Classifying Arguments
- Chapter 2 Summary and Resources
Watch the following videos:
Begin by choosing a paper topic from your own field of study or future career (or, if you prefer, you may select one from the Final Paper Topics List. ou may want to refer to the Narrowing a Topic and Developing a Research Question from the Writing Center for support. When choosing a topic, pick a controversial question that meets the following criteria:
- It is an interesting question related to your field of study or your future career.
- There are scholarly sources that answer the question on each side (you may need to do a little advance research to verify this).
You will use this topic through the rest of this course for the Week 2 Creating a Sound Argument Workshop assignment, the Week 3 Scholarly Arguments on Both Sides assignment, and the Week 5 Fair-Minded Reasoning final paper (though there is no penalty for changing your topic, should you feel the need to do so). Review the Final Paper Topics List for examples of topic ideas.
Week 1 Discussion Prompt 1
Start by choosing a topic as indicated in the general instructions for this discussion (you will be using this topic in the Week 2 Creating a Valid Argument Workshop, Week 3 Scholarly Arguments on Both Sides assignment, and the Fair-minded Reasoning final paper).
In your initial post:
1. State the topic you have chosen.
2. Present the strongest argument you can on two different sides of your topic. Make sure to put both arguments in standard form, with the premises listed above the conclusion.
3. Without taking sides on the issue, consider and discuss two of the following questions: (1.) What more can people do to understand the views of those with different perspectives on this and other topics? (2.) Do you think that understanding issues as strongly as possible from multiple points of view could promote a better life?
Guided Response: Write an initial post of at least 200 words.
here is the reading:
Due to a technical issue, the existing classroom links to your textbook may not be functioning as intended. Please use the links below to access the text for your course; no login is required.
Hardy, J., Foster, C., & Zúñiga y Postigo, G. (2015). With good reason: A guide to critical thinking (Links to an external site.). Zovio.
Requirements: 200-250 words
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.