21 Sep Which part of the stomach leads to the small intestine?
BSC2089 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
Module 6 Quiz
• Question 1 Which part of the stomach leads to the small intestine?
2. Lower esophageal sphincter
4. Pyloric sphincter
• Question 2 Which of the following statements is true of gastric secretion?
1. The cephalic phase is triggered by the sight or smell of food
2. The gastric phase begins when food leaves the stomach
3. The intestinal phase stimulates the production of gastric juices for hours after the food leaves the stomach.
4. The cephalic phase activates the sympathetic nervous system
• Question 3 Which of the following is true regarding the bile?
1. The liver produces and concentrates bile
2. Gallstones can develop within the gallbladder due to increased levels of cholesterol or bile salts in the bile
3. Bile is concentrated by the pancreas
4. Bile is needed to assist in the chemically digestion of fiber
• Question 4 Which of the following is true regarding the digestive system?
1. Most of the nutrient absorption occurs in the large intestine
2. Mechanical digestion occurs only in the small intestine
3. Mechanical and chemical digestion occurs in the stomach
4. Mechanical digestion occurs only in the mouth
• Question 5 Which is NOT true of the mouth?
1. Is a site of mechanical digestion
2. Moistens food and forms a bolus
3. Contains enzymes that break down proteins
4. Contains enzymes that breakdown starches
• Question 6 Which of the following is the first phase of deglutition?
1. Buccal phase
2. Esophageal phase
3. Gastric phase
4. Pharyngeal phase
• Question 7 The process by which lipids are broken down into smaller droplets is called:
• Question 8 Which of the following statements is true of the mesentery?
1. It contains many blood vessels.
2. It is found in the retroperitoneal cavity.
3. It concentrates bile.
4. It surrounds the liver.
• Question 9 Which of the following statements is true of the stomach?
1. Enteroendocrine cells produce pepsin
2. Mucous cells produce HCl
3. The muscularis layer consists of 5 layers of muscle
4. Parietal cells produce intrinsic factor
• Question 10
Which of the following is NOT found in gastric juices?
1. Intrinsic factor
2. Hydrochloric acid (HCl)
4. Sodium bicarbonate ions
• Question 11 Which cell creates and secretes hydrochloric acid?
1. Mucous cells
2. Enteroendocrine cells
3. Chief cells
4. Parietal cells
• Question 12 Which of the following organs receives digested food directly from the small intestine?
• Question 13
Which of the following vitamins is water soluble?
1. Vitamin K
2. Vitamin C
3. Vitamin E
4. Vitamin A
• Question 14 Teeth assist with which type of digestion?
1. Mechanical digestion
2. Chemical digestion
• Question 15 The uvula is a projection of the soft palate that assists in closing off the nasopharynx during chewing and swallowing.
• Question 16 Which of the following organs secretes gastrin?
1. Large intestine
3. Parotid gland
• Question 17 Protein digestion begins in which section of the gastrointestinal tract?
1. Large intestine
3. Small intestine
• Question 18 In which section of the gastrointestinal tract is digestion and absorption of nutrients complete?
1. Large intestine
4. Small intestine
• Question 19 Which of the following accessory organs of digestion produces enzyme that break down proteins, carbohydrates, and fats?
1. The liver
2. The salivary glands
3. The pancreas
4. The gallbladder
• Question 20 Which of the following anatomical features increases surface area of the small intestine?
1. Finger like extensions, called villi, of the mucosa
2. Pyloric sphincter
4. Enteroendocrine cells and parietal cells
• Question 21 Which of the following is true regarding saliva?
1. It is mostly composed of nitrogen
2. It contains intrinsic factor
3. It plays no role in the sense of taste
4. It contains the digestive enzyme amylase
• Question 22 What is true of the gastric secretion process?
1. Gastrin secreted stimulates the production and release of hydrochloric acid (HCl)
2. The sympathetic nervous system stimulates further gastric secretion and digestive processes
3. Only the taste of food can stimulate the cephalic phase of gastric secretion
4. The enterogastric reflex helps to stimulate further secretion of hydrochloric acid (HCl)
• Question 23 Which of the following is true?
1. The small intestine uses only segmentation motility
2. The small intestine finishes the mechanical digestion process
3. The duodenum is the portion of the small intestine connected to the large intestine
4. The large intestine will absorb water from the remaining indigestible food
• Question 24 The esophagus is anterior to the trachea.
• Question 25 Which of the following is an example of chemical digestion?
3. Gastric juices
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.