03 Jan You are a manager of a large retail outlet and have been employed with the organization for four years. The retail outlet employs approximately one hundred employees and has a number of man
You are a manager of a large retail outlet and have been employed with the organization for four years. The retail outlet employs approximately one hundred employees and has a number of management roles (Several Assistant Managers, several Managers, two Senior Manager, and a Director). For the last two years, you have been an Assistant Manager and have received what would be considered fair compensation for your role.
Over the last year, you have been asked to take on many of the responsibilities of a Manager, as one of the Senior Managers left the company and your Manager has essentially taken on that role. Your additional duties have caused you some stress and you would like to ask for either a promotion to a management position or, at minimum, additional compensation. You’ve previously expressed your frustrations to your Manager, but have been told that the company simply doesn’t have the ability to make any changes at this time. You have decided to approach your Manager again and ask for a meeting with the management team to discuss your future with the company.
Although you would prefer to take the promotion along with an accompanying pay raise, you are willing to accept a modest pay raise. If neither is agreed to, you have decided to begin looking for work at another organization. A friend of yours has let you know that she would be interested in talking with you about the possibility of taking a management position with her organization. Because of your time with your current company, you would prefer to stay there if possible. As you are a very shrewd negotiator, you have decided to use the Negotiation Planning Guide (Table 4.2) on Page 98 of your text.
Additional information that is useful in answering this question: 1. Your current salary is $44,000 per year. 2. The average salary for a Manager is $54,000 per year and also includes an additional week of Paid Time Off.
Answer the following questions:
- What are the issues in the upcoming negotiation?
- Based on a review of all the issues, what is the “bargaining mix”? (Which issues do you need to cover? Which issues are connected to the other issues?)
- What are your interests?
- What is your resistance point – what is your walkaway?
- What is your alternative?
- Define your targets and asking price – where will you start and what are your goals?
- Who are your constituents and what do they want you to do?
- Who are the opposing negotiators and what do they want?
- What overall strategy do you want to select?
- What protocol needs to be followed in conducting the negotiation?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 650-700 words using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.