19 Nov You are working in the critical care unit as a new graduate ACNP, on nights. You are the only provider on the unit that
You are working in the critical care unit as a new graduate ACNP, on nights. You are the only provider on the unit that night, but you have a critical care MD, pharmacist, and hospitalist on call and available to you by phone.
Describe your assessment, interventions, recommendations, and referrals for the following patient. Support your answer with two or three peer-reviewed resources.
- He is a 90-year-old male with mild dementia who underwent a total right hip replacement and a right-sided thoracotomy/chest tube placement earlier in the day due to a massive hemothorax from multiple rib fractures.
- He fell down 13 stairs and remained on the floor for 13 hours before being found by his neighbor. He does not recall what happened to him or why he fell.
- His noncontrast head CT is negative for intracranial abnormalities, but closed head injury/concussion is highly suspected. He has gotten more confused and combative as the night has gone on yet understandably is complaining of 10/10 pain in his hip and chest tube site.
- The surgeon has ordered morphine 1 mg q. 4 hours prn pain and Tylenol 650 q. 4 hours prn. The patient's family is very concerned and wants the patient's pain addressed.
- He is a full code and his VS are as follows: BP 160/75, HR 118, he’s in A-fib w/ RVR, RR 24, 02 sat 90% on 3 liters NC. This patient has COPD wearing 2 liters of 02 at home, hypertension, early stages of dementia, A-fib on ASA and metoprolol, and takes oxycodone 10 mg q. 3 hours at home prn due to debilitating rheumatoid arthritis.
He has been without nutrition for over 24 hours and the bedside nurse says that he refuses to eat or drink anything or take his medications.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.